High school students love learning about diseases through anatomy case studies! This is a great addition to an Anatomy & Physiology, Health Sciences, or Medical Pathology course and the problem-based lessons provide a great example of real NGSS phenomena.
Anatomy case studies are perfect for extending thinking on a topic, homework assignments, bell-ringers, or for use as sub plans. Answer keys are included.
➤**PLEASE NOTE: These case studies are a great addition to my Full A&P curriculum.**
1. Guided Case Study- Students are presented with the symptoms and diagnosis, then led through the related information about the condition. Questions are presented as a reading comprehension-style assignment. This is a great choice for struggling students or as a quick supplement to your unit.
2. Research-based Case Study- Students are presented with the symptoms and diagnosis. Websites are provided for additional information in order to answer the related questions about the condition. This is a great choice for more advanced/independent students or if you have more available class time.
*A digital page has been added to aid in the easy use of research links.
3. Digital Case Study- Students are provided the same links as the research-based study, but they are live websites for easy internet searching and questions are provided in a digital document or Google Form for easy grading. This is a great choice for 1:1 classrooms or independent learners that are familiar with Google Classroom.
The Anatomy Case studies include the following topics:
- Connective tissue & Histology- Marfan Syndrome
- Integumentary System- Scleroderma
- Skeletal System- Paget’s Disease of the Bone
- Muscular System- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Nervous System- Bell’s Palsy
- Endocrine System- Hypercalcemia
- Circulatory or Cardiovascular System- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Respiratory System- Legionnaire’s Disease
- Digestive System- Meckel’s Diverticulum
- Urinary System- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lymphatic/ Immune System- Multiple Sclerosis
- Reproductive System- Endometriosis
*These are the major systems addressed by each case study. As in real life, diseases affect many organs and systems of the body, so some case studies may encompass more than one body system. This is a great way to connect learning as you work through the year!
There are no reviews yet.