Teaching about the lymphatic system and immune response is tough! Thankfully, this no-prep lesson bundle for the lymphatic system is thorough, streamlined, and ready to use! It is a comprehensive unit that has everything you need to teach your high school students about lymph vessels and the immune system. Teacher lesson plans, notes, presentations, activities, and assessments are all included! All student pages come in both PRINT and DIGITAL versions for efficient use in class or through distance learning.
*PLEASE NOTE: This unit is also included in my Full Anatomy and Physiology Course.
➤THIS LYMPHATIC SYSTEM UNIT INCLUDES:
- 14 Teacher Planning Pages (standards document, pacing guide, Greek/Latin prefixes and suffixes, differentiation ideas for student interest, ability, and learning environment)
- 2 Editable PowerPoint presentations (highly visual and fully animated): Lymphatic System PPT (17 slides) & Immune Response PPT (25 slides)
- 6 pages of Cornell notes (both fill-in-the-blank and editable versions included)
- 6 pages of my popular Doodle Notes™ and a guide to using them in your classroom
- 3 activities: Board game tracing the flow of lymph through the body, Immune response comic strip illustrating functions of B-cells or T-cells, Lymphatic disease research activity
- 4 Extension Pages focusing on higher-order thinking skills: The Inflammatory Response, Data Analysis: Antibodies, Immune System Overview Concept Map
- 24 editable task cards for a quick and easy unit review
- Diagrams of the lymphatic system and lymph node anatomy
- 2 Online Quizzes through Google Forms (Lymph Vessels & Immune Response)
- Editable unit test with multiple-choice, matching, diagram labeling, and short answer questions (in both honors and regular versions)
- Supplementary Resource Ideas: links and videos for additional explanation or exploration
- Answer keys and grading rubrics for all student pages
*For more details about the specific topics and items included, please see my PREVIEW.*
➤How does this lymphatic system unit prepare my students to succeed in higher education?
- The editable Cornell notes used in this unit are a great tool for students to use in college and beyond. Guided notes with blanks are included as students learn note-taking skills. Because the notes are editable, scaffolded sections of the Cornell notes can be removed as student skills progress, providing a more challenging and realistic note-taking experience.
- Extension pages included in this unit provide an increased depth of knowledge and opportunities for critical thinking, data analysis, and math calculations. These skills are crucial for success in standardized tests like the SAT & ACT as well as in future science and medical courses.
- I use Greek and Latin prefixes, suffixes, and roots in context. A list of these terms is included and I encourage my students to practice these regularly. Familiarity with these terms allows students to understand and memorize new terms more easily and allows them to be more scientifically literate citizens.
- To add additional rigor to the course for students interested in the medical field, try adding my Anatomy Case Studies (not included) to each unit.
➤What textbook can I use with this unit?
The great thing about Anatomy & Physiology textbooks is they are divided into body systems. That means you can use almost any high school textbook with this unit and my Full Anatomy and Physiology Course. Simply match the body system in your book with the one in my course. Most textbooks actually have the body systems in the same order, as well. This unit follows the topics and level of detail in the Pearson’s Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology quite well, which many A&P teachers use. For other textbook suggestions, simply send me an email at [email protected]. If you prefer not to use a textbook with this course, you can do that, too! All units are comprehensive enough to stand on their own.
➤Can I edit these resources to fit my needs?
Some of the files in this lymphatic system unit are editable. The text on the PowerPoints, Cornell Notes, and task cards is all editable so you can adjust the level of content and wording. The pacing guide and printable unit tests are all fully editable. Labs, activities, extension pages, and any images included in this unit are in non-editable PDF formats to protect my intellectual property rights and those of the illustrators whose images I’ve purchased for use in this resource.
There are no reviews yet.